Thermally efficient, Insulated, modular temporary structures
When a production, TV or filming location calls for a more bespoke, robust, thermally efficient building our thermally efficient insulated temporary structures are the ideal solution. Taking inspiration from our event structures this hybrid temporary building is engineered to withstand higher loads from both wind and snow combined with enhanced thermal and acoustic properties.
Each of our insulated temporary structures can be designed, manufactured, and customised specific to your intended use and site requirements. This unique approach ensures your production is protected and the building suited to its surroundings and application.
Sharing much of the same DNA as our event structures, with optional level cassette flooring and an A-frame construction, this insulated temporary structure has been through a period of evolution and is now constructed as a semi-permanent, heavy duty building with the option to clad both roof and wall elevations with solid steel sandwich panelling, maximising the thermal and acoustic performance.
Further options for the roof come in the form of inflated twin skin PVC offering a more cost-effective solution but with lower acoustic and thermal credentials.
Our insulated temporary structures hit the mark both in terms of performance and visual appeal and would be a key asset to any film or television production.
Insulated temporary structure key features:
- Heat insulated wall panels and roof
- Option for sound insulation
- Robust and secure
- Can be supplied with solar panels for efficient energy
- Rapid construction, lead times starting at 10 weeks from order to occupation, subject to scale of project and required groundworks
- Improved weight load capacity due to heavier duty engineered aluminium and steel frame, with load capacity 2 tonne per arch
- Internal heights achievable of up to 12m floor to apex, up to 8m floor to eave
- Uninterrupted clear span widths from 2m up to 40m
- Constructed in 5m bays with an option for limitless extension & bespoke configuration
- Wind loading of 28m / second
Roof and wall options:
- PIR sandwich panel roof and walling offering high thermal, sound insulating and fire resistance properties (figures below based on 40mm thick panelling, thicker panels available with higher )
- 59 W/m2.K thermal performance
- B-s1,d0 roof and wall panel reaction to fire
- 26db sound insulation
- Enhanced snow loading of 34kg / m2
- Air filled ‘Thermo roof & gable’
- Fire retardant and durable PVC manufactured into double layer roof/gable sections kader fed into structure
- Internal pump system to circulate air within roof ‘pocket’, heated to ambient temperature ~ 18 degrees
- Increased thermal insulation
- Reduction in condensation due to removal of cold bridging
- Snow loading of 25kg / m2
- Options to include internal mezzanines for storage combined with under mezzanine sound stages / production offices / warehousing
- Additional sound treatment in the form of TABS to create a designated sound stage within the building, credentials as below:
- TABS to achieve 50 db/m2
- Further acoustic enhancing options available to achieve desired sound rating / sound reduction specific to your site location
- Water management with industrial guttering and downpipes
- Suspended reinforced flooring to facilitate plant access or options to build onto new or existing slabs offering advice and guidance for any required groundworks
- Ability to partition studio spaces with inclusion of sound insulated ‘Elephant doors’
- Subdivision of building to create soundproofed production offices, green rooms, dressing rooms, toilets, and any other required facilities
- Roller shutter doors varying heights and widths subject to your needs
- Pedestrian, automated, and glazed door units
- Airlock entrance chamber for noise barrier control into sound stage